The Little Friends Preschool VPK is one of the best. Our accredited teachers use the “Learning Without Tears” curriculum, supplemented by the “Writing Without Tears” curriculum (both of which are so much fun they seem like play!) to cover the academics, and have at their fingertips all the other resources at Little Friends Preschool, which include frequent visits to the S.T.E.A.M. Lab, the daily music and art, physical education, gardening, chapel, and reading, reading, reading to produce well-rounded, confident, happy children fully ready to graduate to Kindergarten.
Facts about the VPK Preschool Program
- Our VPK Program is designed for four-year-olds
- Ratio is 12 students to one teacher, and every teacher has an assistant
- The VPK class is held from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm Monday – Thursday
- Extended Day hours begin at 8:00 am and end at 5:00 pm., Monday - Friday
- Pricing is dependent of option. Please refer to our VPK pricing.
Such big kids!
They are real students now, no doubt about it!
- are getting the basic principles of "Three R's" under their belts
- understand the alphabetic principles and print concepts
- can identify and discriminate between letters
- are writing letters and numbers, following the "Handwriting Without Tears" curriculum, which is a supplement of the major curriculum, "Learning Without Tears"
The VPK year is a hugely important year for four-year-olds. Not only are they writing words and sentences, they are learning structural analysis and vocabulary by matching words to pictures, categorizing words, and differentiating multi-meaning words. This age is gang-busters with the S.T.E.A.M. Lab computers! Early social studies skills are introduced though family, community, history, and geography. They love the interactive globe in the S.T.E.A.M. Lab.
The children are evaluated by the teacher three times during this critical year, using the “Renaissance STAR Early Literacy” assessment. They are measured on their understanding of the alphabetic principal and print concepts and their ability to identify and discriminate between letters. The percentage of Little Friends VPK-ers who demonstrate readiness for kindergarten is an astounding 100%!
What is the difference between Preschool and VPK?
Do you take 5-year-olds in VPK?
How much does VPK cost?
How is a child's readiness for VPK determined? What is my child is deemed not to be ready?
If my child needs daycare in addition to VPK, can Little Friends take care of them.
What if I am concerned or upset about something? How do I contact the teacher?
May I walk my child to class?
What if I want to check on my baby during the day?
Please don't hesitate to get in touch.
What Parents are Saying...